Thursday, May 15, 2014

Arizona vacation with Mom: Last days, Deming, El Paso, Ft. Stockton


Apr 12 2013

I don’t know if it’s getting down to lower altitudes or if I just wore it out by resetting it numerous times while checking to make sure I only had the one fault code, but somewhere between El Passo and here the EDI light quit coming back on.

Last night I actually met one of the owners of the Silver City KOA, Jim. Turns out he and his wife bought a Sportsmobile Sprinter last year and he came over to see mine.  Also turns out they have the campground up for sale (Hope the new owners keep it in as good a shape!) and plan on spending part of their retirement doing some traveling. In fact they have already started a blog, http://travelsofthemercury.blogspot.com/ and have some information about their van as well as some trips they’ve already taken in it. I just finished reading through it and will be keeping my eye out for more in the future.

Tonight I’m in Fort Stockton TX again. It’s kind of fitting that I spend my last night of this trip in the same campground as the first night. Tomorrow I'll be home,

 
 
and so ends my vacation with Mom.

 
16 days
3360 miles
174 gallons of fuel
19.30 miles per gallon


 

No comments:

Post a Comment