Sunday, July 16, 2017

Not Very Good at Hide-N-Seek




I don't think this guy quite gets the concept of hide-n-seek!

This smallish, (about 24") young (I can tell because he's skinny for his length)  Texas Rat Snake (harmless to people) snuck in the barn door without realizing I was standing right there. This happens to me sometimes with animals and people. The Wife claims I have a cloak of invisibility. Regardless, when I reached for the camera he slipped into the crap under one of my storage shelves but wasn't completely successful at hiding.

Always good to have a snake in the barn. They don't chew on things: mice do.




4 comments:

  1. More than a few folks do not understand my liking for having plenty of the right type of snakes in the area. The good part is that when the food supply runs low the snakes head on out to better pastures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way we figure it, we dropped a barn right in the middle of their habitat, if the inside of the barn creates a new habitat that works for them, they are welcome to it.

      Delete
  2. I think my location is living proof that some good snakes and field cats keep the mice away. When I first moved in this house my old fashion mouse traps were snapping loud 3-5 at a time. Luckily the one time that Bertha (bloodhound before Sadie) found one, held it with her front paws and was licking off the peanut butter ... the trap never went off. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been there done that! Those suckers hurt!!

      Now we use live traps and practice relocation.

      Delete