Friday, December 7, 2018

When Mothers Go Bad










I  (- you know - the first born - clearly her favorite -) called my mommy the other day,

       the woman that birthed me, fed me, guided me firmly down the right path,

                      and also the one that sold up and moved to an independent living place a few months ago.


We barely got started and I was settling in for a nice chat when she interrupted me mid-sentence and said "I'm hanging up now cause I gota a thing ta go to."

                            <<CLICK>>



What the hell!!!



But then I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised.




Last week she was telling me about how much she's enjoying her Tuesday evening card group.

How they're all a fun bunch of people and they meet for dinner then go play cards the rest of the night.

And, while telling me all this, she accidentally let it slip that the other night they were playing -- gasp -- FOR MONEY!!!











But wait, it doesn't stop there!!  She actually went to my sister's place for a family Thanksgiving with the grandkids and great grandkids, WEARING BLUE JEANS!!!





What is happening??!!





Personally I think she's done that dire and dastardly thing she warned me about all through my teens.





I think she's fallen in with a bad crowd!




But what can I do about it? She HUNG UP on me!!














I wonder what's next. . .

           Food fights? . . .

                       TP'ing the concierge's office?
















Disclaimer: None of the images above are of my mom or her new bad crowd because they broke curfew and I don't know where they are. . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment