Monday, October 17, 2016

Full Drawer Access; Finally!


I'm not sure what happened, but I've had all sorts of little mods in mind for The Van and now it seems that I'm finally getting around to them, all at once. (Maybe the wife slipped something into my food! If so the joke is on her since these are all my projects I'm working on!!)

I've removed the TV, jerked the Micro out, modified the bed, and now I've finally done something about that drawer that never opened quite far enough.

 

The house, which is what we optimistically call our single-room living quarters in the corner of the barn, has loads of drawers, as in 34 of them, all on full extension slides,



So when I go into The Van and open the one and only drawer in there I'm always slamming it up against the end of the cheep slides about 4" before I run out of drawer!!



It's not that there's anything wrong with those inexpensive drawer-slides, they do their job well and without breaking the budget, they just don't do it far enough.

 

It's actually a simple job to remove the original drawer slides and replace them with proper full-extension slides, but for some reason it took me a little over 5 years to actually get around to it.


 

But now it's done and I finally have 16" of slide for my 16" deep drawer.





Now, what else have I been procrastinating about???

            Umm, how 'bout - - Oh never mind. . .

                     A snack, a good book and that shady spot are calling me. . .





No comments:

Post a Comment