Monday, June 16, 2014

North Country: City interlude



Jun 16 2013

A very short, photo-less entry today but more because of the content rather than my mood which I think is more upbeat, maybe only because I'm forcing myself, but upbeat is upbeat.

I guess I should explain why I’m sitting here in a campground so close to a city for two nights.

Though it’s not my thing I figured since I was so close (Within a couple hundred miles is close in the context of a 3500 mile or so trip!) I really should stick my head into the Mall of America so I can say I’ve been there.

So, now I can say I’ve been to the Mall of America. . . I’m sure if I was a 15 year old girl it would be a place to die for, but I’m not, so – well, I went, I saw, I bought a pretzel, and I left. . .

I spent the afternoon sitting in the shade catching up on some reading and strolling the campground which is slightly less crowded now that the weekenders have headed back home. A pretty good storm blew through this evening and there was a dinner-interrupting scramble to help some site-neighbors save their awning, but the storm went by quickly and the sun is setting in a clear sky now.


No comments:

Post a Comment